Thursday, August 13, 2009

Almost There...

Just a couplemore days til I'm home! This trip has really been amazing in so many ways, and I hope this has helped share a bit of it with you. I definitely want to write some more reflective-type things to be able to share some thoughts and some of the ways in which this trip has stretched me and helped me grow; but time at the internet cafe is always limited, so I'll just have to keep sticking to the basics for now.... But there will definitely be some more to come when I get home and have the luxury of being able to sit down and have the time to write a bit more in-depth stuff lol....

So, let's see, where did I leave off? Everything's starting to blend together lol.... Okay, i'll go with tuesday: tuesday was kind of a day off, so Andrew and I went out for a bit and had a great morning and an... interesting... afternoon. Rather hectic, i guess. Perhaps more on this day later....

Wednessday we met as a team to just have a bit of devotional time since we're nearing the end of the trip here. Andrew and I led the devotional, focusing on looking back (at our time in Ghana and what we've done and had done for us here) and looking forward (to what this trip is going to mean in the context of our lives back home). It went extremely well (easy to lead with such an all-star cast of participants, too). There was a ton of good stuff and I'll be sure to share some more about it in the future as well.

Wednessday night we made dinner for our host family... eventually. We decided to do pancakes and bacon and jell-o for desert. Rich and Gina loved it (they were especially entertained by the jell-o lol). And preparing the food was quite an adventute in itself -- we didn't have quite the same tools as we would have at home, but we eventually made it work. I'd say about every 3 out of 4 pancakes was good enough to serve (we threw the rest away, just to be clear lol). 75% is passing, I guess. We'll take any victory we can get lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment